Free general museum entry
A visit to Melbourne Museum is a rich, surprising insight into life in Victoria. We show you Victoria's intriguing permanent collections and bring you brilliant temporary exhibitions from near and far. You'll see natural environments, cultures and history through different perspectives. Leaving their old home in the State Library Building in 1997, and into a building located in Carlton Gardens that was designed by Denton Corker Marshall, the new Melbourne Museum reopened on 21 October 2000.
Inside, you'll find:
- The Forest Gallery, the living heart of the museum and home to tall trees and wondrous wildlife.
- The Science and Life Gallery at the west end, where you'll find bugs, dinosaurs, fossils, animals, human biology and more.
- The Melbourne Gallery at the east end, which tells the story of our beloved city and is the stable of famous racehorse Phar Lap.
- Bunjilaka Aboriginal Cultural Centre, a place imbued with the living traditions and knowledge of Koorie people and other cultures from around Australia.
- Te Pasifika Gallery, a bright soaring space filled with treasures from the Pacific Islands.
- The Children's Gallery packed with things for little kids to see and do.
- The Touring Hall, where we display major exhibitions from around the world.
- 3D documentaries and Hollywood blockbusters on the giant IMAX Melbourne screen.
- The Discovery Centre where you can investigate our collections, browse our library or ask a question.
- The Museum's cafe, shop and theatre.
How do I get this discount? Simply show your ISIC card upon entry to receive free entry to the Melbourne Museum. As well as free general museum entry, ISIC cardholders can also enjoy special exhibitions at a discounted price.
For further information regarding the Melbourne Museum, please visit their website.
Want to get this deal but don't have an ISIC card? Applying for a card online is easy, just click on the link below.
Once your application is approved and processed (1-2 business days) your card will be posted directly to you, and can start using your virtual ISIC/IYTC/ITIC right away!