What Is Swedish Midsummer? | ISIC Australia
We've all heard of Sweden's big day. Precisely what happens though?
Image | Faramarz Gosheh
- Celebrated in the countryside.
- Huge gatherings of people.
- High-point of Swedish 'summer'.
- Picking flowers and creating wreaths for maypole.
- Ring-dances around the maypole.
- Schnapps & cold beer consumed.
- Girls and young women just before bed go out and collect seven different types of flowers. They then put them under their pillows and are then said to dream about their future husbands overnight.
- Midsummer Eve is said to be a magical night for love. You know where to be in June this year...
Video | sweden.se Back to overview
- isic , isic australia , midsummer , student discounts , sudio , sudio earphones , sudio headphones , sudio sweden , swedish midsummer , win