Precisely what is the ISIC card?
The International Student Identity Card (ISIC) is the only internationally recognised proof of full-time student status. The card shows to all displayed, that you, the cardholder are a full-time student, as well as enabling you access to over 150,000 discounts around the world.


Why should I get an ISIC card?
- Wherever you go you’ll be able to prove your full-time student status.
- Acquire access to student services and facilities wherever you are.
- You’ll have 150,000 ISIC discounts at your feet, with that number growing everyday.
- Save money both home and abroad
What discounts do I get with my card?
Where do we even begin? From exclusive fares and travel deals with STA Travel for your winter escape to Europe’s summer bliss, to up to 20% off hundreds of restaurants, cafes and takeaway joints in Australia and across the ditch in New Zealand, this is only just the beginning of the benefits! View our discounts page to see all benefits.


How can I find where to use my card?
Through 'Discounts' below for worldwide discounts! Our search engine lets you find both online and show your card benefits.

You can also download the free ISIC App for both Android and iOS devices to search for benefits when on the go!


I’d love to use my card as proof of identity, can I?
The ISIC card proves that you are a full-time student. Whether it can be used as a proof of identification depends from country to country. It is always best to check the local regulations before you arrive in your destination.
Do we post cards overseas?
Unfortunately not. We can only post cards to Australian addresses. For other local ISIC websites click 'Find your local ISIC website below'.
How much do the cards cost?
An ISIC, IYTC or ITIC card will set you back $30 AUD – a bargain when compared to the hundreds you will save!
But I’m not a student?
Don’t panic, we have a couple of super alternatives for you!

- If you are not a full-time student, however 30 years old or younger at the time of application, the International Youth Travel Card (IYTC) is the card for you.
- If you’re a full-time teacher or professor, the International Teacher Identity Card (ITIC) is the card for you.

The IYTC and ITIC cards both offer similar benefits and discounts to the ISIC.
How do I get an ISIC card online?
If you’re in Australia, you can easily apply for an ISIC, IYTC or ITIC online through our website. If you purchase express post, your card should be with you within 3-5 business days, and for regular post we recommend allowing up to 10 working days.

Please note - All cards ordered on this website from 1st March 2018 will be issued as virtual cards with the user redeeming benefits via their virtual card on free ISIC App. If you require a plastic card, you can do so at the time of submitting your application for an additional $8 (including express shipping).

Get your card!

How do I get an ISIC card in-store?
If you would prefer to apply in person, head in to your local STA Travel Australia store.

Please note for all cards issued in an STA Travel store in Australia you will not receive a plastic card, just a virtual card. This works the same way and you can redeem discounts via the ISIC App on your smartphone.

If applying in store please remember to bring along with you all the necessary documents you need to prove your identity and full-time student status.
I’m not sure if I am a full-time student?
Typically, studying full-time entails at least 15 hours of study a week, for a minimum of 12 weeks per year. There is no age limit on the ISIC card.
How long are the cards valid for?
The ISIC, IYTC and ITIC cards are all valid for one year from the date of application.
I'm ready to apply, what do I need for my ISIC application?
The ISIC (International Student Identity Card) is available for full-time students, so you’ll need to be able to prove you are currently studying full-time at school, college or university.

When applying, please provide any of the following documents:
- Screenshot of units you are currently enrolled in (showing your name on the image)
- Letter from your school/university stating you are enrolled on a full-time basis
- A student card stating full time/concession sticker

We’ll also need from you:
- Proof of your date of birth (for example: passport, birth certificate, official identity card)
- A recent passport-style photo (can be a selfie too!)

Get your ISIC card

I'm ready to apply, what do I need for my IYTC application?
The International Youth Travel Card (IYTC) is for anyone aged between 12 and 30 years old who are not full-time student.

When applying, you’ll just need to be able to prove your age with any of the following documents:
- Passport
- Birth certificate
- Official identity card

We’ll also need from you a recent passport-style photo (can be a selfie too!)

Get your IYTC card

I’m ready to apply, what do I need for my ITIC application?
The International Teacher Identity Card (ITIC) is for full-time teachers or professors.

When applying, you’ll just need a letter from your employer stating that you are employee of a recognised school, college or university for at least 18 hours per week, for a minimum of 1 academic year.

We’ll also need a recent passport-style photo of yourself (can be a selfie too!)

Get your ITIC card

My card has not arrived yet!
Not to worry, just get in touch with us and we’ll look into for you.

Get in touch

I’m coming to Australia from abroad, how can I gain access to your many benefits?
G’day and welcome down under! Simply get in touch with us and we’ll sort this out for you.

Get in touch with us

How can I offer a benefit to students?
Very easily! Simply get in touch with us below and we'll do all of the hard work from our end.
Alternatively email helloisic@isic.com.au with your offer and we'll be in touch.

Offer a benefit

Can I offer ISIC cards to students at my school/college/university?
Definitely! There are many ways to do this. We have a team who'll be happy to talk to you about this. Please email helloisic@isic.com.au or get in touch via the link below.

Get in touch with us